|“||Strength is more than just physical.||”|
Springer is a wise-cracking, easy-going, sharp-witted and somewhat caustic fighting Autobot. He has an unfailing optimism, good humor, and courage beyond known bounds, and with it the willingness to sacrifice himself for his friends and the sake of his mission. Springer has an incredible springing power, enabling him to leap great distances by using the strength in his mighty legs. His physique is heavily powerful, his chest massive, his arms enormous and well-proportioned like the most dedicated body-builder. When he transforms, his automotive mode is super-powerful, with the attributes of both battle tank and speedcar combined. In robot mode, he carries a laser that produces giant wind funnels. His helicopter blade transforms into a light saber that can cut through 2 foot concrete effortlessly.
Springer is usually based on Cybertron as one of the Wreckers. However, he returned to Earth on April 22, 2013 to assist in EDC's first "official" covert mission, which involved freeing celebrated human rights activist Anwar Assan from his captors in Trucial Abysmia. Springer was able to disable Cobra Commander's HISS and serve as an evac chopper for Assan and the human members of the EDC.
In 2015 he was part of the crew on the ill-fated maiden voyage of the Spirit of Freedom.
Later in 2015 the Decepticons re-activated Internment Camp Pi and started kidnapping Praxus citizens, Autobot and neutral alike, to work in the mines. One of those captured was Dust Devil, and Springer allowed himself to be captured in order to gather intelligence on the camp.
Springer is CO of the Wreckers. Roadbuster is his XO.
Logs / Posts
- October 10 - "Shattered Glass Finale" - Emperor Prime and his band of Shattered Glass Autobots make an assault through the last remaining portal linking their world and the main one.
- 6/13/15 - "The Spirit of Freedom, Act 3" - Predaking's on the hull, and no amount of window washer fluid or wiper blades can stop him!
- July 11 - "The Spirit of Freedom" - Springer reports on the cleanup following the crash of The Spirit of Freedom.
- July 21 - "Internment Camp Pi" - Springer reports on captive Autobots in Praxus.
- August 11 - "Thanks" - Springer thanks the Autobots for rescuing him.
When Springer came to Earth to try to free his enslaved Autobot compatriots, he took the forms of a Ground Assault and Swampfire, and attempted to infiltrate the Dreadnoks.
After the Decepticons overtook the Autobots' main base and the death of Ultra Magnus, Springer issued a direct challenge to Bumblebee's leadership, imploring the gathered Autobots vote "no confidence" in Bumblebee's leadership and install Springer as interim leader. He vowed to begin using Decepticon tactics and begin a campaign to instill terror in the Decepticons' psyche by conducting small, but deadly raids. While he had the support of the senior Autobot leader Hot Spot, Springer's initiative ultimately failed (263 voted "No Confidence", 327 voted against). Despite losing, Springer vowed to support Bumblebee and ordered all of his followers to follow his lead. In a gesture of solidarity, Bumblebee promoted Springer to City Commander, the position held by the deceased Ultra Magnus.
- November 2013 - A Final Run Through - Bumblebee, Jetfire, and a skeptical Springer meet to go over the final plans of a daring raid that will do nothing less but provide either a fighting chance against their Decepticon oppressors, or give the remaining Autobots a permanent resting place.
Springer is available for application. In 2013 and 2014 he was played in the main universe by StarscreamF15, and in Con World by SpikeWitwicky. Doomflower @emitted him at the Alpha Trion funeral for side-sceneage. In 2015 main-universe Springer was taken over by Bzero for The Spirit of Freedom TP. He was @emitted by Zerombr for the Siege of Iacon TP.
| This page uses content from Transformers Wiki. The original article was at Springer (G1).|