The second-in-command refers to a character whose status is, well, second to the commander's. A soldier who is second-in-command is not necessarily ranked Sub-Commander, while an officer ranked Sub-Commander is usually the second-in-command. The rank generally varies between factions. For the Autobots, the rank is often overlooked, but it still receives its own holiday. For the Decepticons, choosing a Second-in-Command is a very tough decision. Pick one too loyal, and everyone will ignore him. Pick one too bold, and the leader may find himself scrap. The same is the case in Cobra, while with G.I. Joe it is often more of a matter of experience than military rank.
In the Decepticon Empire, the Air Commander is typically second-in-command, showing their importance to Decepticon dominance.
- Destro (SG)
- Secretary Hauser
- Old One (SG) - Former Bot XO, now military adviser to Elita-One
- Elita-One (SG) - Cybertron's military leader
- Emir Xaaron (SG) - Governor of Cybertron
- Leader-1 (SG) - Cybertron Air Commander
- Aegis (SG) - Autobot Religious Leader
- Jetfire (SG) - Bot XO
- Prowl - Secret Police commander
- Goldbug (SG) - Seeker Commander
- Cyclonus (SG)
- Illarion (SG)
- Krunix (SG)
- Psycle (SG)
Alpha Trion has become a Decepticon adviser.
- Deathsaurus (SG)
- Scourge (SG)
- Shockwave (SG)
- ↑ Japanese bio
| This page uses content from Teletraan I: The Transformers Wiki. The original article was at Second-in-command.