A laser is a device that emits light (electromagnetic radiation) through a process called stimulated emission. The term laser is an acronym for light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation. Laser light is usually spatially coherent, which means that the light either is emitted in a narrow, low-divergence beam, or can be converted into one with the help of optical components such as lenses. Typically, lasers are thought of as emitting light with a narrow wavelength spectrum ("monochromatic" light). This is not true of all lasers, however: some emit light with a broad spectrum, while others emit light at multiple distinct wavelengths simultaneously. The coherence of typical laser emission is distinctive. Most other light sources emit incoherent light, which has a phase that varies randomly with time and position.
Variety of lasers
- Onebox components are equipped with a static laser gun.
- Shockwave transforms into a laser gun.
- An electro-laser reverses microcircuit polarity, leaving robots motionless.
- Photon lasers electromagnetize robotic circuits.
- A musket laser shoots hydrochloric acid.
- A decelerator laser inhibits robotic cerebral impulses.
- A maceration laser shoots salty corrosive liquids.
- An oxidating laser fuses a robot's internal mechanisms.
- A laser blaster shoots intense heat.
- Slime lasers shoot gooey adhesives.
- Venom lasers cause paralysis.
- A thunderbolt laser pistol presumably shoots bolts of electricity.
- X-ray lasers.
- "Stunner" lasers.
- Some types of lasers shoot direct current electricity.
- Other lasers produce intense wind tunnels.
- Laser pistols and laser rifles appear to be more standardized weapons.
- Attack Squad robots are equipped with Ruby lasers.
| This page uses content from Transformers Wiki. The original article was at Laser.|