In a series of daring nation-wide coordinated strikes, Cobra has captured
15 16 17 American cities. They’ve moved in some traditional troops and equipment and seized others to take control of centers of government and places like airports and police stations. Now they’ve dug in and are threatening to destroy power grids and infrastructure, not to mention millions of hostages, if the National Guard tries to interfere. Will the Joes be able to save the cities before Cobra wrests complete control?
Cities taken over by Cobra
- New York City, New York
- Los Angeles, California
- Chicago, Illinois
- Houston, Texas
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Phoenix, Arizona
- San Antonio, Texas
- San Diego, California
- Dallas, Texas
- San Jose, California
- Austin, Texas
- Jacksonville, Florida
- San Francisco, California
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Columbus, Ohio
- Springfield (via stealth)
Life Under Cobra Rule
OOC: America Burning: Some rough notes on life in Cobra-occupied cities
Cobra is using BATs to supplement the human troops to maintain control of captured cities. All these androids do is holler at people who violate curfew and subdue anybody who attacks Cobra personnel or attempts to escape the city. They have a standby mode which allows low-power operation until triggered by proximity sensors. These BATS seem to stand on every street corner. When someone not identified as Cobra passes within ten feet of them, they activate, orient on the targetted person, and speak a pre-programmed message. This message is mostly about how the city is under the control of Cobra and all citizens are Cobra's property, and also adds a set of easily-changeable orders and reminders, such as the time of curfew and the punishment for violating curfew. They are armed with stunning and pressor beams, which temporarily paralyse a target (similar to a Taser) and hold them stock still, unable to move, respectively. These BATS are monitored by a small team of technicians housed somewhere in the city. A sample message might go something like this: "Citizen! This city is under the control of Cobra. You are the property of Cobra. You are expected to obey any and all orders immediately and without question. Failure to comply will result in punishment. Curfew is eight o'clock p.m. Any citizen on the streets after this time will be subject to punishment. Mandatory broadcasts are at ten a.m. and six p.m. All citizens must observe these broadcasts and obey the orders given."
All media is, of course, controlled by Cobra. The Cobra Television Network is the only station broadcasting. It also has a radio arm. Daily broadcasts are full of Cobra propaganda and fear-mongering. They begin with a reminder that the city is under Cobra's control and protection, and that all citizens must show respect for Cobra personnel whenever they meet them. A reminder of curfew times follows, along with any other directives Cobra may want to put in place. They may be using the populace to help them do manual labour: clearing rubble, rebuilding roads, etc. They could use BATs to do this but this is part of the demoralisation and weakening of the populace. Citizens are worked hard but not physically mistreated.
- 18 October - "The Burning of New York" - One of several newly-well-armed biker gangs, interspersed with Vipers and Dreadnoks, rushes into New York City in an attempt to burn the whole place to the ground.
- October 19 - "Across America, Cities Burn" - The Dreadnoks launch a devastating attack across 15 US cities.
- October 19 - "Mission Accomplished" - Zandar reports success in the Dreadnok attacks on US cities.
- 19 October - "Catastrophic Failure" - Surefire reports on his failure in New York.
- 20 October - "Major Bludd's Personal Journal" - Bludd rushes to LA to protect Kimber.
- 20 October - "Night of Terror" - Kimber and the Starlight Girls are holed up in the Starlight Mansion, terrified of being set upon by the gangs still roaming the streets of Los Angeles, when an unexpected visitor arrives...
- 3 November - "Playing Defense" - Major Bludd defends Starlight Mansion and its occupants from a band of roving bikers.
- 22 December - "Major Bludd to the Rescue!" - Major Bludd attempts to save Synergy from a burning building.
- January 19 - "DC Under Attack" - Barbara Walker reports on Cobra's attack on the US capitol.
- January 25 - "DC Falls to Cobra" - Washington, DC falls into Cobra hands.
- January 30 - "DC Report" - Sneak-Peek reports on his observations in Washington, DC.
- February 1 - "Spike's Journal Entry" - Spike journals about being "fired" by President MacLeod.
- February 1 - "One of the Family" - Major Bludd goes to Mexico City to find the first Hologram on his list: Raya.
- February 02 - "Hiding in DC" - Sneak-Peek is discovered at his observational post in DC.
- February 2 - "White House Announcement" - Cobra Commander declares a takeover of America.
- February 7 - "Tweets from your president" - John MacLeod responds to Cobra Commander's speech.
- February 7 - "Return to L.A." - Raya and Major Bludd, holographically disguised as Vipers, move through Los Angeles toward Starlight Mansion. On their way, they encounter a couple of curious characters...
- February 9 - A Holographic Homecoming - Raya and Major Bludd arrive back at Starlight Mansion and reunite with Kimber and Taria and meet, or re-meet, the tiny Autobot Tonka.
- February 10 - "Rio Arrives" - The Holograms' one-time manager, Rio Pacheco, arrives at Starlight Mansion.
- February 10 - "Recon Post Discovered" - Sneak-Peek reports on his near-capture by Zandar.
- February 14 - "Spike's Journal Entry" - Spike gets pulled over by Cobra agents.
- February 23 - "Pit I Reactivated" - General Colton reactivates the original Pit.
- February 26 - "Roof Encounter" - Lowdown takes a shot at Cobra Commander.
- March 01 - "Whistling a Jaunty Tune" - Dr. Mindbender has X bring in his portable Brainwave Scanner to have some fun with Angel.
- March 29 - "The Biggest Threat" - An Incinerator gets curious about the real condition of Starlight Mansion.
- April 10 - "Buster Makes a Friend" - Buster encounters someone looking for him on campus.
- April 13 - "Isn't a Sagaie an African Spear?" - Buster and Chance investigate a strange vehicle reported on the UO campus.
- April 13 - "Six Feet Under" - Kimber comes across Bludd while he's digging a grave.
- April 25 - "To Murder Is Human" - Synergy requests a talk with Major Bludd.
- May - "Free Me" - Angel tries to escape Cobra's control.
- May 11 - "State of the States" - Hannibal reports on the state of the Cobra-controlled American cities.
- May 17 - "DC Recon" - G.I. Joe travel to Washington, DC, to size up the Cobra occupation.
- May 26 - "Special Guest" - Joe Colton outlines the planned G.I. Joe response to Cobra.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|